[RC] Trailer Awnings - Betty Edgar

Drin,
I haven't used my awning all that much in the NW rides, particularly in the
desert.  Even with the extra security strap (whatever it's called)  going
over the top of the awning and staked into the ground I've had the awning
flipped up and an arm bent to the point it had to be replaced when a dust
devil whipped thru camp.  Very expensive to repair those things!   That one
experience put a real damper on my enthusiasm for using the awning.  True,
it's nice to have the shade in the desert but usually I can park in such a
way that by the time I get in from the ride there will be shade on the
horse's side of the trailer.  I've used it more on camping weekends when it
rained and wasn't windy.  I've seen others in the NW use their awnings, big
long ones,  at every ride and apparently have no trouble.  Maybe I was just
unlucky and parked in the wrong place that time.

Betty Edgar
NW region

How many others who have awnings actually use them ? I mean in the NW and
Mtn Region rides ? I had a friend give me one but to put it on I have to
have an extension bracket built as I do not have enough room over my door
for the track to fit . I have a 2003 Titan trailer and was just wondering if
it would be worth the hassle or not . Any input is appreciated .
                                  Drin Becker
                                  Mtn Region