Re: [RC] And you got to the ride HOW? - abigail Madden

Faustina,

Great story.  Glad you made it to and THROUGH the ride.  Congratulations.  I can relate to the part about Romeo looking over the cab of the truck with the wind in his face.  There's a little country rode that I drive down every once in a while and I drop the windows in the trailer and let the horses stick their heads out while we drive on it.  They love it, a real treat for them.  Too dangerous on the big roads, but there I can get way over in case of opposing vehicles and speed is only about 20 mph (no lectures about the dangers, please).  Anyway, great story.  Maybe you could put more detail in the story and submit it to a horsey magazine for publication.  They may throw you some cash if its printed and that could offset your repair costs.  Did you save the item you hit in the road??  Photos??  If so, make sure your insurance company has it.  If you can prove where it came from, then you ought to be able to get some sort of restitution for the repairs on your truck.

Good luck and thanks again for sharing your story,

abigail
Chico, CA
Faustina Duffy <kellswaterfarm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know that there have been a few...mentions... of the entrance Romeo and I made to the Gumbo ride on Saturday morning, so for those of you who'd like a little more info about how he and I ended up on a rollbed truck to get to camp, the short version of the story is on our page under the heading "Our First 50"...Thanks again to all who encouraged us on what could have been a very disheartening day.  Thanks again, Faustina and Romeo (who finds regular horse trailers to be a touch boring now....)