Re: [RC] Saddles (again!) - Karen Ellis

Well, I didn't really want to name names  but here goes:

english saddles (several):  not enough room to hang thing from;  2 horses got sore backs over 50 miles+

Wintec endurance - I found too long for my horse;
Torsion: rolly and I almost fell off the back going up a steep incline
Big Horn endurance: crept forward up over the withers
BMSS: comfy for me but my horse does not like it
Western style endurance - I have not purchased but ridden in Sharon Saare, which I liked but I have a hard time with my knees in any western fenders.
Some other western endurance I tried were just too stiff and HARD

I tried an Orthoflex but I felt too far away from my horse.
Tried a Stonewall - quite liked it but too narrow for my horse (and not too sure about that high pommel)

There were some interesting looking saddles at the WEG (from posted photos) - what WERE they?

This saddle hiccup is preventing me from attempting 100!  (that's my story...)

Am I just fussy?   In order for me to ride well, I need to feel balanced and comfortable or its going to show up in my horse's back over the distance.

What about Paragon or Gaston Mercier?  Are there any Reactorpanel fitters in western Canada?   Arabian Saddle?

For those of you who ride 100s - your saddles must fit well and be comfortable - DO tell!  And what about those of you who ride several horses - how do you deal with that?   Part of the reason I purchased a BMSS.  While my mare does not like it, perhaps another horse will be just fine.

Karen