[RC] WET! full English sheepskin cover for RP endurance - Mollie Krumlaw-Smith

I live in the Midwest borderline Northeast and I've ridden in "fuzzy" saddle covers in the rain every season.  In fact we've had ride seasons here that it has rained at 100% of the rides.  To answer Lynne's question in a word....YEP!  If the rain hits the saddle cover it can get a little squishy where a person meets the saddle.

HOWEVER....when you're riding your bottom half is covering the saddle cover very nicely...I've found that the problem starts when you get off of the horse at vet checks or for any other reason and it's raining.  To get around this little problem I toss a rain sheet or cooler over the saddle and the cover stays dry.  I'll also flip a rump rug back over the saddle as I usually have one on when it's raining.  (Though if the horse is cold HE gets the rump rug and I get the wet bottom).

It's that first few seconds of sitting in the wet seat that's annoying, once that's over with things are just dandy.

The wonderful thing about full saddle covers (and I do have the sheepskin cover for my RP endurance btw) is that not only are they comfortable, but when you take them off the saddle is dry and still looks brand new plus you don't have to wear half chaps.  I hate half chaps.:-)

Mollie Krumlaw-Smith
^..^~~~~

--
dangerous content by IntelliBlock MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.