[RC] LA Gumbo ride - Tracey Smith

I rode a CTR last year on the exact same trails where the Louisiana Gumbo endurance ride is held and could not believe anyone would want to do the trails at a faster speed as you'd need to for endurance!  It was my younger mare's first CTR and several times we had "holes" as you mention open up under us...suddenly I'd just feel her rear or front end sink...can't imagine what kind of wreck I could have had if we'd been going faster!!!

The terrain was gorgeous (I love E. Texas and Louisiana...anywhere with piney woods) but you really had to be on the lookout.  Riders would shout out "hole on the right" or "hole on the left" when they could...but sometimes they opened up under you....with no warning.

That CTR has moved to a different set of trails this year which I am told do not have that problem.  But, alas I can't go anyway as I am starting a new job and can't take off the vacation time...bummer.

Tracey