Re: [RC] Hoof crack - Lysane Cree

I had a horse that had a permanent crack the whole length of his hoof due to an injury to the leg and coronary band. It never "grew out" as the new hoof would grow in with the crack or mark in it. But it never bothered him either.

Lysane

\ He is increasingly sounder as the foot grows out, and I'm sure=
\he'll recover. Sometimes when the coronet band is involved
\the newly generated hoof wall can have a cosmetic defect in it,=
\but I don't anticipate any long term problem.