Re: [RC] [RC] gaited arabs? - Gloria Adams

Hi,

I have 2 full brothers from a foxtrotter stallion & a nongaited quarter horse mare.

1 of the brothers racks – no running walk, the other does the running walk.

The other sibs from this cross do the running walk, or don’t gait at all.

The guy I got them from bred this cross on his ranches for 40 yrs for his own use. He also said that its 50/50 of getting a gaited offspring (as someone said here). As someone here also said, you may get a gaited horse from a gaited stud & a nongaited mare. I found this interesting as that’s how my 2 were crossed.