[RC] Hind shoes - Mike & Laurie Hilyard

Despite the 8+ inches of snow that have fallen today and the 8 more expected overnight, I'm thinking of riding.  I'd like to ask an opinion of this list (not that it's opinionated) . . .

I am hoping to ride my horse enough this year to actually need shoes - I put them on when the feet show wear (and will continue to do so, I have neither the time nor the desire to be a barefoot devotee).  I have done both two front shoes, and all four shoes.  My question is, what would be the downside of two fronts?  An opinion on the list was that it might make the horse heavier on the forehand.  Has anybody actually seen that?  I can imagine it might be true on bad or painful footing, but this is Michigan with dirt roads and sand.

I have done two shoes for 1.) cost, 2.) lower maintenence (less shoes to come off), 3.) pasture safety 4.) to keep otherwise healthy feet from getting 8 extra holes in them.

What are others experiences?

Laurie in Michigan, who is beginning to suspect that global warming will trigger the next Ice Age