[RC] From the Realm of Rabbits... - Tom Sites

Its such a beautiful snowfall outside and its warm inside and the horses are happy in this, the Realm of Rabbits.  And it gets me to thinking about the way threads get convoluted and take on a life of their own....  for instance,  History.

The original post by me on that subject was...
"When does one Start History?
Yesterday is preserved today,
not tomorrow.  ts"

Angie replied.... "Everybody sing along with Tom...Red red wine makes me feel so fine....:)"

Now i admit, i'm a little slow sometimes and i just Love to Partee, but How did a simple and brief statement evolve into Wine, Gin, Beer, Ice Cream and Woodstock?  It was fun, and at least got people thinking sublimilinally about the intent...History.  But how did my 11 words get turned?

To me, the Preservation of History is very important as i was involved in a claim that had been ongoing for 29 years.  Because of the information found at the National Archives that supported what i had been saying for all those years, I was Victorius.  While there a Senior VN Archivist told me that .."truckloads of data had been removed from that era."  Do you know why?  Because those in power want History to hide their intent, protect their asses and shield the Truth.  Who down the line is going to suffer from that destruction?  Those that need the data to support their claims.  Your Brothers, sisters, Fathers and Mothers.  Do you also know that the records being sent to the Archives from Iraq have been sanitized to the point that those that suffered emotional or physical wounds will have very little documentation to support the claims because the VA puts the burden of proof on the Veteran.

The Regional VA representative sent me to the Archives this month to do research on a Vet who was denied his claim because the VA said he was not in that area.  It didn't take  long to get the information he needed to Prove he was in the area and in the Daily Staff Journal was a one-sentance statement about his unit being at a bridge when it was overrun.  Well the bridge had a # and guess what??? The # pointed to the area he said he was at, and the VA said he was not.  Case under it second Appeal and their words are now able to be used aganist them and this VN Veteran, who i have never met, will most likely receive his benefits, with VA Health Care the most important.

Do you see now why History and its Preservation means so much to me?

Next...from the Realm of Rabbits.  What prompted me to write those 11 words to RC.  ts