Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 7:38 AM
Subject: [RC] gaited arabs?

Hi Everyone,

several people have asked or mentioned that my horse looks gaited....."single-footing", gaited.... "what's her lineage?"

I think she usually walks this way when I first get on and especially when she is excited.  I thought she was just walking fast.

Are there particular lines of arabs that are "prone/subject" to being gaited?

Is being gaited a good thing for endurance?

She can trot pretty fast downhill on good footing..... not sure if that is something related to possibly being gaited.

I got her at a "rescue" auction.

Her dam and sire:
Prowa #0371090
MQF Desert Flame #0399758

By the way, can anyone with a AHR disk, tell me who the current owners of the above horses are?  I'd like to try to get photos of my horse's  parents.  Last I knew, the mare's new owner lives up in Northern California and the owner of the sire is in Bakersfield, CA.... but that was back in 1997.

Thanks in advance,
Melody

"If I fill this moment with gratitude, the next moment can't help but bring blessings."

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus