[RC] bits and tongues?? - Karla Watson

My daughter has this little Paso Fino cross that gets his tongue over the bit consistently while riding. He has a sensitive mouth so I haven't tried a curb with a high port yet. May be too much for him. This little powerhouse horse has lots of GO. He has been in a bitless bridle (no brakes there), a S hack (some brakes, not enough) and a vosal (doing ok but not super great), haven't tried a mechanical hackamore...yet. He was in myler comfort snaffle, myler kimberwicke and tom thumb. Tom thumb worked ok for awhile, then he figured out how to do the tongue thing. Somehow, even when it it adjusted almost too snugly in his mouth (normal or loose is worse!) he gets that big tongue of his over the bit and then we have to stop and get the bit back over the tongue since he won't put it back the way it was! Any advice out there?? Nice to hear from people who have had this problem please.

------------------Karla Watson/Oregon