[RC] Shoes required???? - LAWRENCEC BENNASCONI

 Can a RM require shoes for a ride?? And if they do, do they consider easyboots to be shoes?? I train barefoot, and ride in the mountains, at Leatherwood and south Mnt, which is comparable to michaux.  On some rides, I will use easyboots if necessary. I only use steel shoes as a last resort, for example when my gelding was going through an awkward growing phase, he developed slightly contracted heels, so we put shoes on him for 8 weeks, when the farrier came back out, his heels were normal again, so we pulled the shoes and he has been barefoot ever since with no more short heels.  I also have one mare that was rescued, she had been beaten at some point with a rasp, or by a farrier, we are working with her, but she has a deeply rooted terror of farriers. Just to have her trimmed, I have to take her to the vet for sedation, and she still puts up a fight. He gives her enough drugs that should put her on the ground, but I still have to hold her head so she won't bite at him. So shoes for her are out of the question.
 I don't want to start the barefoot/shod debate, I am fortunate enough that all my horses have great feet. If they do not consider easyboots shoes, then I will just have to skip those rides. I love the easyboots ( I have never lost one) for rides that have some paved sections, I feel much better about using the easyboots to absorb some of the concussion from the hard surface.