Re: [RC] 20 Mule Team - DreamWeaver

At 09:06 PM 2/25/2005, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks, Karen--that confirms what hubby told me earlier this afternoon.
He reported 66 on the 100--and good chance that a few entered after that.

...and you never know how many of those were going back and forth between the two distances. I know a few people dropped down to the 65 due to feeling that they had not been able to ride enough. I did hear the 70 # from two different friends though, and that was after the ride meeting.

It sounds as if the FEI integration is going to go a little better this time. They'll be able to feed their horses in line, and there are no other restrictions outside of ordinary ride stuff, other than if they go into the pulse box and their horse isn't down they have to go to the end of the line. Pulse criteria is 60 everywhere. (that's pretty normal I guess) I don't know who all of the vets are, just some of them -- Duck, Tomlinson, Garlinghouse, Liskey, McCartney.

I've got friends riding and working at the ride that have cell phones so can ask about certain riders if anybody out there wants to know how somebody is doing. Cell reception is pretty good there.

It is quite a list of riders, just about everybody is there that rides in the West/Pacific South and several other regions too! I want to know how that many people found the time (or trails??) to get ready for a 100 with the winter we've had so far!! The trail may be extra challenging this year -- there are going to be some really wet saturated sections, the good part is that the horses should have plenty of puddles to drink from. The mojave green rattlers are out, so the riders were told to be really careful. It did rain down there for awhile this afternoon, then cleared and they had a nice bright moon. Hope the 100's get to see it tomorrow evening! :) They start at 6, the 65 milers start at 7, and the 35 milers start at 8 (& they go on a slightly different trail).