[RC] Horse w/sore shoulder - Stacy Sadar

Hi all...

I have an Arab (18) who seems to be sore in his left shoulder.  I don't notice any difference in riding or watching him move and he doesn't seem sore unless you do one thing...lift his leg forward and up like you would finish shoeing, he then flinches and pulls backwards.  Now, he has a scar on his shoulder from a sacoid that was removed about 4 years ago, do you think it could maybe be some scar tissue build up?  Anyone have any clues on how to assess this situation and what measures to take to nurse it back to normal?  We've been taking it slow over the winter since we've had so much ice, melting snow, mud, etc. so most of the riding has been indoor arena.  No slipping, and no turnout in the mud, ice, etc.  So I can't really see how he would have injured it.  He doesn't roll in his stall so no casting happened.  He does lay down to nap & sleep.  Any help/ideas on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Stacy

Do you Yahoo!?