[RC] need info on Calif horse camps with pipe corrals... - Karen Sullivan

Folks, our local BLM office is in pre-planning stages of putting in a horse camp near the Cache Creek Wilderness area.
I am hoping to be involved in the planning process, and had been collecting info on horse camps throughout Calif to turn over to them.

My personal hope is that we can get local clubs to sponsor sets of pipe corrals.....and also allow people to high-line
or electric pen, or whatever they prefer.  I feel the permanent pipe corrals are a plus in that they allow the land agency the ability to place them where they want (taking into account drainage, natural vegetation, trees, etc), and that they are safer to keep horses contained and prevent loose horses running through camp and onto the street.  I am talking about 12 x 12 pipe corrals, for one horse only, they come in sets of two or four, etc.

I do agree some of the more rugged back country types like to high line their horses, etc.  I would hope this camp could accomodate everyone....and have the corrals on a first come, first serve.

Anyway, a local club member of an adult trail club is trying to convince the land mangers to not have corrals; this guy says everyone likes to high line, which I feel is not true.

In any case, I am now trying to compile a list of all the Calif horse camps have pipe corrals....can folks help me here?

So far.....

Cuneo Creek at Humbolt State Park (clubs have bought corrals)
Jack Brook in San Mateo County
Lake Oroville,
Devils Gulch in Marin

Horse camp near San Luis Obispo? Maybe called Hazard?
Skillman?
Anza Borrego?

Can folks please ad to this list for me?
Thanks, Karen