[RC] AERC NC format - Enduroride

As co-chair of the NC committee, I welcome all your comments on how we can improve
the NC ride qualifications and format. I would like to say though, that we already have a
multi day champion (and top 10) in all the wt. divisions that we give to the riders who
receive the most points in all the accumulative multi day rides. We already have a 100
mile champion (and top 10), that we give for all their accumulative 100 mile rides. We
 have regional champions in each wt division, that are for all accumulative miles
and points. Endurance is many things, it is not only accumulating miles on one horse,
it is also a race, that is why we give more points placing first and in the top ten. The NC
ride is the only ride that you can enter and actually be rewarded nationally for doing well
in head to head competition. We have not thrown out "To Finish is to WIN" concept. This
ride will give special prizes just for qualifying and entering the ride and very unique awards to EVERYONE that finishes as well as awards for the winning champions. I think it
 is unique that we as a sport can recognize horses that have talent to finish mile after mile
as champions as well as the horses that have the talent to compete in head to head competition and win.  We are a lot like marathon runners, some go fast others just go
to complete but to finish is to win for them also or they would quit after the first runner crosses the finish line. We all have personal goals, some to go many miles, others to
 go faster, others to go compete in the NC, others just to go out camping with their horses and riding a well marked trail but we are ALL endurance riders, thus endurance has
many faces, not just the one we like to do. AERC has been getting behind the NC
with funding the vetting crews for the last two rides, they are not just giving lip service,
$7,500 is more than just lip service to me. Some want us to make the qualifications
tougher, but it can be hard to persuade a ride manager to put on a quality ride with a
 handful of riders because of tough qualifications.  I am not saying the NC ride is perfect,
far from it, but you can help give us some guidance without always being so negative
 toward the AERC BOD and we will listen. (We are your representatives.) You can write
me anytime with your suggestions or thoughts, we are listening.