RE: [RC] National endurance champion - Bruce Weary

I remember those days of multi-day ROC's. That was sorta  where I got the idea. In response to Karen's concerns,
remember, the riders would have to go slower to conserve horse. There are people who race at multi-days.I think the Duck recognizes an overall
time winner for many of his multi-day rides. They just don't go as fast as we typically
see riders go on one day rides. I think that would be good for the horses. Dave says in the post you mentioned that he thinks horses
can go 35 to 60 miles a day almost indefinitely. If ridden at intelligent speeds, it still could be a viable way to determine a champion. Keep in
mind the horses still have to pass their vet checks, and if they are pulled on any given day, they are out for the entire competition. I think we would see fewer "crash and burns", not more. It might be a way to draw the best of the best together again. And remember, the best of the best typically know how to take good
care of their horses, and make fewer rookie mistakes when it comes to the welfare of their horse.
  There is going to be a national championship ride each year somehow, somewhere. Maybe the present system can be improved on to bring about
a more clear champion, and possibly less risk to the horses.   Bruce