[RC] National endurance champion - Sbolinge

ROC had a three day ride in Montana...160 miles I believe...Also back in the days when miles mattered as far as points and the national championship...one of the last rides of the season was a two day 150 miles put on by Cliff Lewis...all the top contenders were there because points were so close.  Unfortunately the last stretch of the second day some motorcycle racers pulled all the ribbons and ALL the front runners got lost out in the Nevada desert including Becky Hart, Darla Westlake and my memory fails me as to the rest of the names....But the point being that when points mattered in regards to achieving "National champion" the top riders not only kept their horse going strong all season but ultimately many ended up coming together at the same ride for head to head compitition.  Here it was one of the last rides of the season and it was 150 miles which meant many points to anyone who finished...There were also alot of riders on that ride who needed one more completion in order to qualify for the multiday ROC in Montana as mentioned above.  Those were the days when accumulating miles on the same horse over a long period of time was what mattered...it was what defined endurance for many of us, and still does to this day.