RE: [RC] Chicken Little Hysteria - Jim Holland

Those who matter already know.

Yep, now we can agree on that! Those who matter DO know. Obviously, you are
not one of them, and I WILL have the last word.  It's raining cats and dogs
and I have nothing better to do except sit here, respond to your posts, and
chew your butt. How about a marathon? :)

BTW, I DID hold onto all my old files about the data sheets and things
that we tried to get started clear back in the 80s, until I moved this
last time.  Just didn't seem to be any point in lugging the stuff around
anymore.  And if nobody cared and nobody did anything back then, how come
a shorter version of the form that our vet committee worked on back then
for reporting the details of horse deaths came out in every ride packet,
and was given to every head vet, for YEARS?  You do NOT have a patent on
hard work and caring, nor do the folks who got the HWC going.  The HWC is
the next step in the hard work of a great many people who went before, and
none of them deserve the black eye that you seem to be so eager to plant
on them.

Yes, they DO deserve it, to some extent.  They were fearful, made what they
thought were good decisions for AERC...but they were wrong...and so are you.
I'm familiar with the form you mention...problem was, it never got to the
head vet (to be named later issues) in many cases, and in MOST cases, they
didn't send it in, and the information never got to the membership. Heidi,
I've done my homework....obviously, you haven't.

Get over this "vet committee" mentality.  I don't give a shit what the Vet
Committee did or what they learned. I only care about what the Vet Committee
(and the BOD) provided to the membership on horse deaths and how to prevent
them when you were "there", which was NOTHING! NADA! That was your "Then".

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic