RE: [RC] Chicken Little Hysteria - Jim Holland

No, it wasn't shared....there is no evidence that AERC ever shared ANY
information on horse deaths outside the Vet Committee and the BoD until
2003.  I could care less what the vet committee "shared" among themselves.
That's not the point. I could maybe have understood if the Vet Committee had
"edited" what was "released" to the membership, but AERC stonewalled the
membership on ALL information...even the number of deaths. It was simply not
something one discussed and the less people that knew about a horse death,
the better.

I'll tell you who has "worked their fanny off", and it wasn't you...or me.
It was Mike Tomlinson and Mike Maul, who I think convinced the board this
was the right thing to do.  It was the membership....Pat Farmer, Truman, Bob
Morris, and the many other people who were "up in arms" over this issue and
showed up in numbers in Chattanooga. Writers Bobbie Lieberman and Genie
Stuart-Spears.  It was Laura Hayes, Mike Jaffe, Jim Mitchell, Beverly Gray
and John Parke.

I'm on your case because I take offense regarding your original response to
my post stating that a "black-and-white portrayal of "then" and "now" is
just flat wrong".  It is just flat right.  There WAS no "then"....and on
this subject, you will NOT get the last word.

For those of you going to the Convention, don't miss the Horse Welfare
Committee session....It's an open, interactive, "tell it like it is", "no
punches pulled" session about why horses died. It's a "wake", if you will,
for those horses...so their deaths will not be in vain...I promise you will
learn something...and you won't forget it.

See you there!

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

FWIW, I never met my granddaddy, either, but my mother says he existed,
and I believe her.  She wouldn't be here if he hadn't, and neither would a
lot of folks know what they know today if the sharing of information had
only started in 2002, as you seem to infer.  The considerable knowledge of
your ride vets is first-hand evidence that knowledge was shared.

Heidi