Re: [RC] Chicken Little Hysteria? - Truman Prevatt

And that is the very issue the AERC BOD should be addressing. When (I suspect it is when not if) the sport of endurance is seen not to be in the best interest of the horses and we (the AERC) are affiliated with the organizations sponsoring endurance races (USEF and FEI) - we will be all lumped together. It won't even have to be activism that originates in the US that impacts us - it can start in Europe and spill over to the US. At that point the subtlety of endurace riding vs. endurance racing will be irreverent.

Because we are affilated with the USEF - we (the AERC) is by default in agreement with the policies - or that's how it would be perceived and used against the AERC.

The only option I see is to distance ourselves as much as possible from the current directions in international endurane racing and all the organizations associated with it. We will probably be very happy we did at some point.

Think it can't happen. How many people 10 years ago thought that the historic tradition fox hunting with dogs across the English country side would be outlawed.

Truman