[RC] Commodity vs Longevity - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: kim kimfue@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I found Leonard's comment interesting that the UAE folks don't take their
horses to France.  Don't think we'll see them bringing their horses to Tevis,
either.

They don't have to bring their horses to compete in the Tevis as some of the
UAE racing barns already have their own horses here in training.  If and when
they do choose to compete in races like the Tevis they will do well as they
have bought US horses that are capable of a good performance on the course,
will send these horses to the best US endurance riders to train, and will more
then likely make sure these trainers have access to the actual ride course or a
course similar.  Can they guarantee a win at the Tevis like they can on their
home turf....probably not just as a US rider cannot guarantee a win at a ride
like Tevis.  Many factors come into play BUT if they choose to compete they
will come prepared with the best horses they have for the chosen race and their
riders themselves will also be prepared.  The Top Five performance from a UAE
rider on a leased horse in last year's Tevis was admirable by any standard.  As
most know, you can't just be a jockey on a course like the Tevis regardless of
the horse you are riding...it takes some kind of horsemanship.  There are many
things I do not like about the UAE style of racing but you cannot deny that
they are capable of stellar performances on technical trail courses in the US.
I guess like every other endurance rider it is a matter of choice deciding what
venue you choose to compete in.

Kim