[RC] Rain riding - sherman

With it having rained most of the time for the past 2 weeks, and the weather forecasting more rain 'til Wednesday, I just couldn't resist attempting a ride when greeted by a beautiful blue sky this morning, even though the prediction was 80% chance of rain.  By the time we were ready to pull out there was not a spot of blue to be seen overhead (:>(.  We (12 yr old Tara & I) went anyway.

It was a georgeous ride, with the clouds misting in between the canyons south & west of Foresthill. We didn't get too wet for the first 2 hours, then it really started coming down. The fleece riding tights (thanks Evelyn's Tights!), fleece pullovers & emergency ponchos kept us pretty warm. The horses didn't seem to mind the rain, aside from a bit of shaking to clear the accumulation off their heads & necks, they seemed quite happy. This was the first time in about 30 years that I've ridden in heavy rain and Tara's first time. During my last rain ride (30 years ago) cowboy boots were the only acceptable riding footwear and  I had to stop a couple of times & dump the water out. It's so much nicer to be able to wear athletic-type riding shoes, which may get wet, but definately do not "fill up".  (:>)

It's coming down in buckets now,  I'm so glad to have gotten a ride in and I'm sooo ready for this rain to quit and the mud to dry up!

Kathy
Grass Valley, CA