[RC] Safe weed killer - sherman

My neighbor lets my horses use their lush pasture. Recently they had the area around their house & the unused section of the pasture sprayed, but not where they horses are. I know there will be a section of bull thistle coming up soon, and I'd like to spot spray when that happens to keep the pasture looking nice for them (they aren't horse people, but love seeing them there). Did someone on Ridecamp talk about a saline solution that could be used on weeds in a pasture? I searched the archives and couldn't find any mention of it. Did see Grazn, Remedy & Round-up mentioned. I was hoping for something non-toxic.

Kathy
Grass Valley, CA