Fwd: Re: [RC] Broken leg pain - Stacy Sadar

Amber,

I broke my right ankle FIVE years ago.  The problem I had was the hospital said it was only a slight sprain.  18 mos. later I found out it was not a sprain and that it was actually fractured and had a torn ligament.  Arthritis & "old" bone bruises are the major problems with it now.  I just finished a series of doctor's visits and the doc has no idea why i have so much swelling and pain when all the blood work comes back negative.  Another doctor showed that arthritis had set into the area where the fracture was and he showed me the bone bruise which is exactly where the sharp pain is.  Great.  So, what do I do...the same thing I've been doing.  I just eat 3-4 ibuprofen 3 times a day and keep riding.  Pain and all.  It's either that or sit in my rocking chair!  And THAT is not going to happen! LOL  Usually, it feels better after riding.  I guess it's the same as with our horses with arthritis....the more work and movement the better off they are.

The other thing I do is wear an ankle support that I got from my doctor.  It restricts side to side movement but not back and forth (heel/toe) movement.  I also am wearing those really cute support socks for circulation to keep the swelling down.  It all works wonders if and only if done together.  What a mess.  My husband keeps threatening me that he's going to trade me in because I'm falling apart!

Good luck,
Stacy

Amber Roberts <amber@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I broke one ankle and the opposite foot last April 23 and still have burning pain in the area of those breaks.  I'm sure the bones have healed by now but wonder about this continued, intermittent pain.  Does anyone else who broke a leg have continued pain?

Amber

Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?