[RC] broken bones - Mary Ann Spencer

I have a broken clavicle and broken leg at the same time with same accident.  As I could not walk or use crutches, my broken clavicle was allowed to rest and heal, too.  Until one of my sons had complications from a broken collar bone, I did not take it as seriously as I would have otherwise.  He was medically boarded out of the Marines because he could no longer do pull up and pushups.  He has constant pain and was told there was a 50/50 chance of losing the use of his arm if they rebroke it and set it straight as it is close to the nerve so if the nerve was damaged, it would be bad.  Take the 6 weeks off and let your bones heal.   My collar bone and leg healed fine in 6 weeks, not bad for being past 50, and my doc said he was surprised.  I ate a lot of cream of wheat made with milk.   You need good nutrition with plenty of calcium and iron for those bones to heal.  Good luck.  mas