Re: [RC] Endurance.net - John Teeter

The short answer -- you don't go to the EnduranceNet home page often
enough! it changes pretty frequently, like the weather in North
Idaho:)

jt.

==the longer (and more defensive!) answer:)=============

We're equal opportunity purveyors of Endurance Rumors and Gossip! If
it looks like it's coming out of the middle east, it's likely b/c
that's where I happen to be sitting right now:) last year, we hung
around Ridgecrest and documented that part of the world:

 http://www.endurance.net/rides/

would give you a sense of the history of our travels:) But only a
sense of it. Many of the early things are lost in the tangled web of
pointers which is EnduranceNet.

From the grass roots to the FEI - the breadth and the depth of
Endurance - that is what EnduranceNet is about. It's become very US
centric over the past 5-6 years. Each other nation has brought up
their own endurance onLine community that deals with their issues in
their own languanges - and, Steph and I have been in the US
mostly. EnduranceBrazil (Cidiniha is sitting right beside me:)
BelgiumEndurance (Leonard's site), Solo Cabalo in Argentina (we'll see
them next monthy!) , AERA in Australia (Mal and Crew were here at the
WEC), EnduranceBG in Britain (I hope to meet them in August at the
Euorpean Championships), Germany, Denmark, Finland, Sweeden ... and
the list goes on. (and mostly if you go to
www.endurance.net/international you'll find a comprehensive list of
these guys).

Those of you who only see EnduranceNet through ridecamp or the
classifieds are missing a few aspects of what's there:)

Steph will, I'm sure, give you reasonable thoughts on your comment. I
will continue to simply do her techie bidding and follow her
around. I'm hearing that next winter might be down under!! that should
interesting!

johnt

(from the high-speed-net digs of the media room at the Emirates
International Endurance Village where the 80km Juniors version of
yesterdays race is taking place -- note, they don't have a Junior
division in their normal rides here. They have an active enough
program that they have 49 entries in their Junior ride. It's similar
in Brazil where juniors are very active. Part of the reason that here,
as in France and Portugal and Italy ... the average age of the teams
put together for international competitions are MUCH less that in the
US:)

There is a lot to learn and it doesn't come through cultural
isolationism:)