Re: [RC] Why is diesel so expensive? - Ag47xAu49

What kind of engine are you running it in? I would hate to have to replace my Cummins, it only has 162,000 on it, not even 1/3rd of the way there.  beccy in Ut.

In a message dated 2/15/2005 7:22:30 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, kellswaterfarm@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I think it's just that they've realized that the trucking industry has no CHOICE but to pay those prices....except, I run used vegetable oil through my diesel (after warm up).  I went 1500 miles (Ft. Polk, LA to St. Louis, MO and back past "home" in NW Arkansas) and only spent $20 on fuel...my fuel comes out of the back of restaurants (they often have to PAY to get the stuff hauled off) for free!  Runs great!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 6:47 AM
Subject: [RC] Why is diesel so expensive?

Just bought a diesel truck and have noted since bought, diesel is about .20
more expensive that unleaded. Thought diesel was less processed and should
be less expensive. It was less expensive when first bought the truck. Maybe
it's more expensive now because I did buy the truck. Maybe it's all my fault
diesel is more expensive.:)

In His Hands,
Susan, Fly Bye & Dandy