[RC] Am I too Picky? - Nancy Reed

I ordered a special wool saddle pad for my new horse.  Pad finally came after many weeks.  I think it is too large as it is 4 inches below the saddle skirts on both sides.  My question is this, am I unreasonable thinking the extra 8 inches is a big deal?  Should I send it pack and have a smaller one made or is the extra wool no bid deal?

Normally I would send it back, but it will take another 2 months to get the correct size and I really do not want to wait that long.  I need a wool pad for loin rubs as my horse wiggles her hips with each stride.  Yep, she has a tremendous stride, and synthetic pads rub re raw.   Thank you in advance for your opinion, I really apprecialte yor comments!

Nancy Reed

Lazy J Ranch

Elfin Forest

PS It is so beautiful here today.  Borrowed my daughter’s wool pad and got a short ride in.  We did mostly street walking as the trails are muddy and boggy.  My horse is only 5 years old and felt like TNT at first, but settled down.  It was so enjoyable.  Hope to get out again tomorrow before the next storm arrives. Life is good J