Re: [RC] [RC] training tip..... - sehredt

I don't have anywhere near the competition miles most of you do......but I'll
match my training miles against just about anybody's!  So here is my number one
training tip - ride in anything and everything!!!  I hear a lot of folks
complaining about the weather lately and sometimes I agree that it is just too
miserable to ride in.  But mostly, I do ride in it!  LOL  This year California
has had a monsoon season and that is bizzare, but my horses have been learning
to cross and ride in water!  Wind?  It's been insane here in the canyons - and
my horses are getting used to the blowing bags and even having a four foot
tumbleweed blow up their butts!  My basic philsophy is pretty simple- the more
your horse experiences, the more experienced he'll be!
Train Hard
Ride Smart
Finish Healthy
:o)
Scott
---- Mary Carroll <carroll61354@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chris said:

"Again, i kept my eyes and thoughts focused on the road ahead, the direction
I wanted Ali to go and she crossed both bridges nicely, never wavering. She's
a brave mare and has gone past scary things on a trail that more experienced
horses have balked at. But even a brave mare needs confidence from her rider.

One of my riding instructors always told me to look where you want your horse
to go and I've passed that on to my students. But yesterday, I needed a
reminder of that and dang if it isn't true!"

Chris, Thanks for the story-I can relate~

During the week, I ride in some potato fields next to the boarding barn.  To
get there, I have to ride through their truck yard-filled with 18 wheelers,
compressors, dogs, 4 wheelers, tractors, farm equipment, fertilizer trucks...
we do pretty well and start off on a long trot.  Once I relax, usually near
the canal, my horse often will spook at a pheasant or duck.  Go figure!

Mary C