[RC] [RC] training tip..... - Mary Carroll

Chris said:

"Again, i kept my eyes and thoughts focused on the road ahead, the direction I wanted Ali to go and she crossed both bridges nicely, never wavering. She's a brave mare and has gone past scary things on a trail that more experienced horses have balked at. But even a brave mare needs confidence from her rider.

One of my riding instructors always told me to look where you want your horse to go and I've passed that on to my students. But yesterday, I needed a reminder of that and dang if it isn't true!"

Chris, Thanks for the story-I can relate~

During the week, I ride in some potato fields next to the boarding barn.  To get there, I have to ride through their truck yard-filled with 18 wheelers, compressors, dogs, 4 wheelers, tractors, farm equipment, fertilizer trucks...
we do pretty well and start off on a long trot.  Once I relax, usually near the canal, my horse often will spook at a pheasant or duck.  Go figure!

Mary C