Re: [RC] Convention question (kind of) - abigail Madden

Chip,

Good luck.  If I'm figuring correctly, Truckee, the start of Tevis, and all the dirt roads leading to the start are all covered in snow right now and probably still during convention.  If not snow, then wet and muddy.  I'm pretty sure they do not maintain the dirt road at this time of year.  Even if it was middle of summer, I wouldn't want to take my "nice" car on that road.  : (   Sorry, but you could still see the surrounding snow covered area.  : )  Have fun at convention.

abigail
Chico, CA

Chipnml@xxxxxxx wrote:
Okay, I know it's a whole month to the convention, but I'm already pumped about it, being my first vacation in about ten years that doesn't involve hitching a trailer up.  One question I had for some of you more local ridecampers...my cousin is going to come over from Sacramento on Thurs and spend the afternoon with me.  I was thinking of making this non-horsey guy take me to Truckee to see the starting point of Tevis.  I don't know if he'll want to drive his Porsche down any dirt roads, but if we DO go, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good casual restaurant in Truckee we can do a late lunch or early dinner at.  Neither of us are picky eaters, but we both appreciate good food and local cuisine.  I try to stay away from chain restaurants as a matter of principle.  You can email me privately.  Thanks.

Chip (who's already trying to figure out how to pack just one small suitcase, when she's used to being able to throw anything she thinks she MIGHT need into her trailer and truck)