Re: [RC] Was Frigid Digit Now Buying Horse Sight Unseen - Kristen A Fisher

No kidding - my mare will walk slower than time going backwards on a lead line like she is the laziest thing on the planet. However I have had to learn the flying mount [as opposed to that flying dismount on EN] because I get one foot in the stirrup and she is down the trail while I am trying to swing my leg to the other side. Luckily she's one of those shorties ;-)

Kristen
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 5:29 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] Was Frigid Digit Now Buying Horse Sight Unseen

Just wanted to add that a horse's personality on the ground can be very different from his personality when you're riding.  I've got one that is a very laid back, submissive boy in the herd and around the barn, but once you're on his back, he's extremely bold and fast moving (add being green on top of that and the first couple of trail rides were quite an adventure!).

Rae
Tall C Arabians - SE Texas