RE: [RC] Plastic Shoe Info - Jon . Linderman

Karen,

Forgive me if you've mentioned this, but have you used the equiflex & did
you have similar flaring issues or nail loosening problems?

Jon

                     "Karen Standefer"

                     <kstandefer@centuryte        To:
<ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                     l.net>                       cc:

                     Sent by:                     Subject:  RE: [RC]
Plastic Shoe Info
                     ridecamp-owner@xxxxxx

                     durance.net

                     02/11/2005 10:20 AM

My horse’s hoof was trimmed to balance prior to shoeing.  Never were the
shoes on longer than 3 weeks during any one particular shoeing.  The hooves
flare because there is not enough support for the foot (my opinion).  I
think hooves really want a harder surface to stay healthy (also my
opinion).  I have only used these shoes during the dry season, so moisture
wasn’t a factor for my horses.

Yes, the shoe compresses with each step, so the nails coming loose is
probably due to that.  The newer shoe that has a metal nailing plate would
likely solve part of this issue.

Karen

Referenced Post:
OK, several mentioned that there was flaring with the plastic shoes.
What was the trim for the shoes?  Normal "shoe" trim or a barefoot trim?
Also, the nails coming loose, would that be due to the shoe becoming
compressed therefore the nails keep moving?

F'^qƬzqwnx׭i0ݺq޴ߢ*'>bs
Zgi0ݺq޷bun+R{.n+
0zwnzwyƦhڲbuuy&