Re: [RC] flax seed - MtnRondi

In a message dated 2/10/2005 8:48:28 PM Pacific Standard Time, slchast@xxxxxxxx writes:
In the warmer weather, there were sprouted flax seeds in the manure piles which tells me some of it is going through unchanged.
I wondered about this. I feed whole flax seeds and saw a great difference in my horse's coat and also his scurfy skin on his hind legs. I ran out of the flax seeds about 2 months ago and just haven't bought any more. What I noticed was that while they were on the flax seed, the mice would trample their manure during the night. I didn't know why they were doing that until I ran out of the flax seed and I notice the mice are not trampling the manure. So I guess that means that the whole seeds were going straight through. However I am sure the horses were grinding a lot of it better than I could do when they were chewing it up.

Bonnie