[RC] Ponying - sherman

I'll add another little bit of advice here. Just use ONE wrap around the horn, I always have the end I hold "under" the end going to the horse. That way, there's just a bit of a grab, but I can turn it loose quickly in an emergency. I have a dominant, just-a-bit-cranky mare that I pony from. She's great 'cause she doesn't kick, but also won't let the ponied horse get ahead of the saddle without a strong "ears back" reprimand that really keeps them in line.
Kathy

GarnerT <GarnerT@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Next time I'm going to get on my husband's Quarter Horse (we call him
Thunder Butt), put on my old western saddle, take a few dallys around the
horn & show that mare what for! That'll be another story for another day.

I'm just glad I didn't try this on the trail.