Re: [RC] Ponying - Jody Rogers-Buttram

This may sound crazy, but I have one horse (only one I trust to do this with) that I condition partly by letting her run completely loose.  Nothing but a halter.  She really likes to be with the "buddies", so where they go, she goes.  Joni and I will ride, I go in front, the loose horse in the middle and Joni brings up the rear.  The loose horse is really good about creek crossings, she will wait her turn to go back out of the creek in the correct order.  Heck, I have even sponged her and then mine and then her again.  She just stands there.  So, if you trust your horse, have a trail that she can't pass you, maybe that could be worked in.  Just a thought.

Jody

Mary Orosz <mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I want to get both my horses out together to get the new one used to going out on trail and to help get/keep her conditioned.  She is almost making it impossible.  She won?t walk while she is pooping.  She comes to a dead stop and I end up losing the lead rope.  How can I train her to poop and walk at the same time?

- Mary

Do you Yahoo!?