[RC] Is what happend to Pal our business? - k s swigart

Maryben said:

Actually, I know I will hear about this but it is really
none of our business is it.  It is Bev's horse and she
worked hard to get there and none of us paid any
of her expenses so why is it our business.

Actually, I sincerely hope that everybody who had anything to do with it
makes what happened to Pal and why everybody's business.  The reason for
looking for the causes of unfortunate accidents and publishing the
findings is so that everybody can learn from the experience in the hopes
that at a future date the same unfortunate accident can be avoided.

Unfortuantely (having heard this from Bev herself), so far in this
instance nobody has been able to come up with any explanation of what
happened to Pal, but I am sure they have collected lots of data, and as
long as people avoid apportioning blame, Bev will probably be more than
eager to share what happened to her horse, in the sincere hopes that a)
somebody else might be able to shed some light on its causes and b) that
the same thing won't happen to somebody else, since I am sure it was a
horrible experience for everybody involved as well as the horse.

So, while we have right to demand that Bev makes it our business, here
is to hoping that she will...for the benefit of all of us and our
horses.  But nobody will if it turns into a finger pointing exercise. :)

kat
Orange County, Calif.

p.s.  Dian never did actually SAY where Bev was during the whole
process, she just asked "where was Bev?"  And a whole bunch of people
leaped to the conclusion that that meant that she thought that Bev was
somewhere where she "shouldn't" have been (i.e. not with her horse???).
The proper response to that question should have been, "I don't know."
Since we still don't know.