RE: [RC] Why the French Win--From an Insider - Libby & Quentin Llop DVM

Don't forget endurance is the #2 horse sport in France, after show jumping and that there are more than 10,000 members in their assn. L
-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of DRG1
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 4:50 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Why the French Win--From an Insider

You know, I have been wondering for a long time, if equestrian sports (all types) are just more popular in Europe than the USA. There may be more horses in the USA in absolute numbers, but I am wondering if per capita theres more horses in Europe. Or that in Europe there isn?t so many ?backyard? or ?weekend? riders.

Ie: 50% of my neighbors have horses, but they haven?t ridden in 2 years, or only ride on the weekend for an hour & at a walk? So I am thinking theres more horse owners in the USA, but they don?t ride their horses, unfortunately. & I live in an area where the weather is good all year around. Lots of pasture ornaments in the USA does not make a good pool of riders & horses for competition.

Check out these excuses, it was sent to me as a joke, but how many have you heard from non-endurance people? I?ve heard a lot of them.

Excuses People Use Why Not To Work Their Horses

* I lost my Whip!

* My horse is bad during a full moon!

* I'm getting too old for everyday riding!

* The wind is blowing too hard, my horse might spook!

* It's too dry out, my horse's skin may rash!

* My trainer isn't here to tell me what to do!

* I can't get my boots on!

* It's too hot out!

* My horse doesn't like arenas!

* I haven't had a lesson this week!

* The sun is to bright, it may bleach my horse's coat!

* My horse isn't in a good mood!

* I forgot to bring carrots today!

* My horse needs new shoes!

* It might rain!

* My horse just got new shoes!

* It's too cold!

* There are too many people watching!

* I haven't ridden all week!

* No body else is riding today!

* It's too close to feeding time.

* Riding may wear me out, I have to go to the gym later!