[RC] What I've Learned From My Horse (Long) - DRG1

And now for the lighter side. Sorry if this has too many lines in the formatting!

What I've Learned From My Horse Part 1..................................

1. When in doubt, run far, far far away.

2. You can never have too many treats.

3. Passing gas in public is nothing to be ashamed of so do it often.

4. New shoes are an absolute necessity every 6 weeks.

5. Ignore cues. They're just a prompt to do more work.

6. Everyone loves a good, wet, slobbery kiss and snot showers.

7. Never run when you can jog. Never jog when you can walk. And never walk when you can stand still.

8. Heaven is eating for at least 12 hours a day... and then sleeping the rest.

9. Eat plenty of roughage.

10. Great legs and a nice rear will get you anywhere. Big, beautiful eyes help too.

11. When you want your way, stomp hard on the nearest foot.

12. In times of crisis, take a poop.

13. Act dumb when faced with a task you don't want to do.

14. Follow the herd. That way, you can't be singled out to take the blame.

15. A swift kick in the butt will get anyone's attention.

16. Love those who love you back, especially if they have something good to eat.

What I've Learned From My Horse Part 2..........

When you are tense, let me teach you to relax.

When you are short tempered, let me teach you to be patient.

When you are short sighted, let me teach you to see.

When you are quick to react, let me teach you to be thoughtful.

When you are angry, let me teach you to be serene.

When you feel superior, let me teach you to be respectful.

When you are self-absorbed, let me teach you to think of greater things.

When you are arrogant, let me teach you humility.

When you are lonely, let me be your companion.

When you are tired, let me carry the load.

When you need to learn, let me teach you.

After all, I am your horse.

-------------------

And now, the REAL story..............

When you are tense, let me teach you that there are dragons in the forest, and we need to leave NOW!

When you are short tempered, let me teach you how to slog around the pasture for an hour before you can catch me.

When you are short sighted, let me teach you to figure out where, exactly, in the 40 acres I am hiding.

When you are quick to react let me teach you that herbivore's kick MUCH faster than omnivores.

When you are angry, let me teach you how well I can stand on my hind feet, because I don't FEEL like cantering on my right lead today, that's why.

When you are worried, let me entertain you with my mystery lameness, GI complaint, and skin disease.

When you feel superior, let me teach you that, mostly, you are the maid service.

When you are self-absorbed let me teach you to PAY ATTENTION. I TOLD you about those dragons in the forest!

When you are arrogant, let me teach you what 1200lbs of a YAAAH  HOOOO LETS GO performance speed horse can do when suitably inspired.

When you are lonely, let me be your companion. Let's do lunch. Also, breakfast and dinner.

When you are feeling financially secure, let me teach you the meaning of "Veterinary Services, additional".

When you need to learn, hang around, bud. I'll learn ya.

"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire.  It is a grand passion."