[RC] bare foot war/ alfalfa insanities/ treatment opinions ect.. give it a rest please - Judie Ricci

 Ok.  I have read most of the threads , not all, and just want to say to all the fanatics,   My horses and mule  wear shoes gasp!!.  some  in steel ,  some in  aluminum,  some even have pads!  oh no,  My 3 yr. old Kieger is bare foot ,  aahhhh,  because he is just starting to be ridden,    I feed alfalfa hay,  (oh my god !!)   with grass hay  ooohhhhhhhh..   none of them have ever had  any attitude change other than Yummy! thanks ,  is there more of that? mmmm   .  we have had a horse get sick in Ca.  on a ride from bad carrots we had purchased , a   feed store had  used a different dealer for the 50 lb. bags , and they had some sort of pesticide on them ,  the horse got sick  and had to be treated at the 40 mile mark,    he was going great, back of  the pack,  then crashed at the vet check ,  no one was cruel& nbsp; about it , and some riders brought my husband his dinner and a drink since he was sitting with his horse on IVs  while I finished my ride.  I do not understand the arm chair quarter backing from people who are in a web group that is supposed  to SUPPORT Endurance,   Ride Camp should be informative and educational,  not cruel and banal harping from one zealot to or about another,   to slam Beverly,  Val, or any rider  for any reason  icon or not , new be or veteran is shameful.  People , get a grip,  "support the sport " should be the motto here,  we all have our feet in the stirrups, our hopes high , the mane in the face wether to complete a  ride,  or to race , on each ride we attend, all different levels, from a first time endurance rider to the accomplished , sweat  effort has been put into our selves and our equine partners, with the same end goal,  to finish healthy..  to know we did a good job managing our ride, to the best of our ability,  and if something goes wrong , to learn from it,  please be help full, stop being hateful,  agree to disagree agree,  every one has the right  to do what they think is necessary for their mount.  It may not be what you do , and that does not mean it is wrong , or cruel,  endurance riding is a sport, the" choice"  of what to use and how to use it is individual,
ride camp is a forum, but should not be used as a battle ground,  remember " snotty and snide do not make a good ride"     go give your horse some love.

Judie Ricci
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.