[RC] Bev and Paladin - DVeritas

I have had only good thoughts for Bev and Paladin since the race in Dubai.
I've prayed.
The cumulative effect of the travel and change in normal routine for the horses who competed at the WEC must've been a difficult thing for the horses and the riders.
When it is all said and done, perhaps we'll discover that it WASN'T the competitive miles which affect endurance horses so dramatically who front the international competitions, as it was the pre-ride pre-positioning in Florida, the training there, the travel to the UAE, the arrival in the UAE, the changes there (time changes required of the horse's sleeping/waking mode, etc.).

I know when I travel more than six hours or so (which is usually the case) to an endurance ride, I fret and wring my hands worrying about hydration, eating, attitude, etc. of my horse.

I believe it's true, that any problems experienced by Paladin at the WEC were not resultant from anything Bev did or didn't do...COME ON GUYS, SHE KNOWS HER HORSE BETTER THAN ANYONE THERE, HERE, WITH A "DVM" AFTER THEIR NAME OR NOT.
Stuff happens and for those who dare, be they horse or rider, it's more likely to happen.
Suffering the PUBLIC "support" of AERC/Ridecamp members who dare castigate, cast aspersions or sharpen their vitriole (at the expense of those who dare) is something I pray I never have to "endure".
Collectively, our "learning curve" will one day result in RIDECAMP not having much to talk about....because obviously we don't give a hoot about talking about the good things in endurance any more......and I've been just as guilty as some of negativity regarding certain aspects of our sport.
But, it has to stop somewhere.  Kicking folks in the teeth as they suffer the pain of finding themselves filled with despair and doubt is just not right or polite.
~Frank Solano