RE: [RC] steves' remark seeing Paladin on the trail again - heidi

Start what?  Angie, how about not taking my post out of context?  I
simply made a statement and asked for details.  Please read the last two
sentences.

"Why was it "terrible"? It's what happens when you put "win" above
"horse welfare". It ain't pretty.  However, how about some "facts"?
Would like to see some details and input from people who were "there".

Not a thing wrong with the last two sentences, Jim, although we had one
very factual report from Kim, and another very interesting first-hand
account from Steve regarding the changes made in the management of the
horses.  So while we sure don't have ALL the facts, we do have some.

The problem with your post was the second sentence.  That was not "simply
making a statement"--that was twisting what happened, was "taking out of
context" what this particular horse was asked to do, and was downright
judgmental and inflamatory.  It certainly was not consistent with a query
for the facts, as you have already clearly prejudged what happened and
have made a conclusion about what Bev did, accusing her pretty much of
intentionally putting her horse in jeopardy.  I'm not Angie, but I'd
suspect that was the sentence to which she was referring when she asked
you to get off your soapbox.  I know I certainly thought "soapbox" when I
read it as well.

Heidi