Re: [RC] Maybe shorter is better ;) - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 2/6/2005 11:28:26 AM Central Standard Time, laneyhh@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Short height doesn't necessarily mean short stride.

Boy, that's the truth!  My husband rides a 14.1h Paso Fino gelding.  He gaits him sometimes, but trots him a lot, especially when riding with me and our friends, all of whom are on (much taller) Arabs.  That little Paso can really fly at a trot...he can keep up with all of the 15+h Arabs in their extended trots with no problem.  He has a *very* laid back shoulder.  He's as nimble and quick as a cat.  And he can fly downhill like he's on rails...really gets under himself.  He's a great little horse...just don't tell *him* he's small!  LOL

Dawn in East Texas