From: SturmRanch@xxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: GaitedEnduranceRiders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   Ideas?
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:22:04 EST

Here's a question for a rainy day.

My 15 year old grandson Gabriel Brown decided not to play football this year
and instead to concentrate on conditioning his horse, Tali Sinjabi. He's
earned the money to buy the horse and an endurance saddle and received a skito
saddle pad and a cantle pack for Christmas. He's all ready to go, but right now
the days are so short that by the time his mom picks him up at school and they
drive out to the barn, it's nearly dark.

Other students at his school are allowed to leave campus to play golf and
work out at a gym because these activities are considered their sports or PE.

How would you word a proposal to his school asking them to consider
conditioning his endurance horse as a sport/PE activity?

It's a private Christian school, so they don't have to work within public
school parameters.

Nancy Sturm