[RC] Interesting alternative to gun story - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Rob Losey jrlosey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I worked with a Probation Officer in Ohio. He was a good Probation Officer. He
handled the hardcore 17 year olds that no one else wanted. When he made arrests
there was often a fight. He received training and was issued a hand held stun
gun. The kind you hold up to a person, pull the trigger and it provides a shock
that subdues the subject.

I walked into his office. He was so proud of his new stun gun and had to show
it to me. I asked if he had tried it on himself. He was shocked by my question
and said no. That thing puts out one heck of a jolt. I set the gun on my lap
hidden from him by the desk. I removed two of the four batteries from one side.
The stun gun would still work with two batteries, but the jolt was less than a
weak electric fence. I told him I thought these were useless and would just
upset a subject and cause him to fight harder. I then put it on my own arm and
pulled the trigger. Just a small light jolt came out. His mouth drop open in
disappointment. I then did it several times. It had just enough current to
wiggle my fingers. I put it back on my lap, put the other two batteries back
in, set it on his deck and walked out.

A few minutes later two other Probation Officers walked into his office to see
his new stun gut. He was upset and disappointed. He told them it was a piece of
junk and put it on his own arm and pulled the trigger. The full charged jolt
knock him out of his chair and under his desk. I was afraid to go back for a
few days. I thought he would be mad. It all work out. He wasn't mad. Instead he
was telling everyone what I did and that I was some kind of superman. I didn't
tell him about removing the two batteries until about one year latter.

Rob and Annabelle