Re: [RC] Lady's Gun - Stacy Sadar

Hi Carol,

My first gun was a High School Graduation gift from my uncle...a .38  I've been shooting since I was a kid, but didn't own until I was 18.  My husband and I have numerous guns and I'm purchasing a few more for my husband's 50th B-day...even though one of them is for me ;)

The best advice I can give you as to what is best for you is to call a local shooting range and ask if they have any woman's hand gun safety courses.  Not only will you get a refresher course if you already shoot, but you'll get to try out tons of guns to see what fits you best.  The other option is to just go to a shooting range and try them out.  Most have a variety of guns you can "borrow" to shoot with...you buy the ammo.

IMHO I think everyone should take a safety course now and again.  I hadn't taken one in 20 years, but went in as if I never shot before...just to make sure I hadn't picked up any bad habits.  Anyway, if you go to the range, you need to try what's best for YOU at the range.  No one gun fits every woman and each person has their own preferences.  Personally, for protection reasons, I prefer a revolver because I don't have to "remember" in an emergency to chamber a round in a 9mm.  But on the other hand, I'm getting a 12g shotgun for the sound effects...scare them off before I shoot. I figured if I pump that shotgun, the sound alone will make them leave!

Okay...enough on the guns. I could go on forever.  Go to a range and you'll figure out what you like best.

Stacy

CarolLHorne@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi -

My husband worries about the kids and me running around the countryside and would like me to carry a gun.  His gun is a 357, we looked at one for me, but I find it's a bit much for me to handle....Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Carol