Re: [RC] [RC] An Endurance riders Christmas Gift - Soli Sorokin

On 12/26/05, Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Reply to: Lianne dcantrall105@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Endurance riders are easy to buy for
I hope you all had a fun Christmas

Lianne

Horse owners in general are easy to buy for ;) I got a tractor-trailer
load of sawdust and a shopping spree at a local tack shop. And for my
birthday, just a month ago, I got hay. It took a lot of work to
convince my relatively new man that I really REALLY did not want
jewelry or other useless (to me) stuff. He thinks it's absolutely
wonderful, but I don't think he realizes yet that he'd probably have
gotten off cheaper if I did want jewelry.

Watching the horses roll, climb around, and play in the giant
mountains of sawdust was the best part of Christmas. The boys (two
geldings and a stallion) are in a large pen and they could not get
enough of that fluffy dust. I just had the truck dump it right in the
pen and spread some of it around myself to soak up the mud, but have
left the pile for them to roll and play in. About halfway through that
day, I was still shovelling and moving dust around and all three boys
finally conked out. To the person driving by, it probably looked like
I had three dead horses to bury. Since my TWH gelding had been
stealing my shovel and walking off with it in his mouth at every
opportunity that day, I got my revenge by burying him in sawdust while
he dozed. This horse never gets excited about anything but food and
chasing dogs - he just laid there with his black head sticking out of
the sawdust for about 20 minutes. I was dying for a camera, but the
batteries had died.  All their fun really made my Christmas.

~S