Re: [RC] Rider's Christmas present - SandyDSA

Okay I'll bite. I think my husband gets the award for most thoughtful. When we came home from friends Christmas Eve, I went to turn the light on and he said "no, the light IS on". Our tiny little lamp on oru end table was gone and in its place was a beautiful lamp with a girl looking into the face of her saddled horse, obviously having a convo:). The plaque, which originally read "First Love" on this bronze statue, now also read "Harlot and Sandy". Next to the lamp - a treasured reminder of my precious mare who I lost in August at age 30 - was a framed photo of Harlot and me, practicing in a nearby fields a few years ago in our parade costume (to make sure she wouldn't buck me off when the skirt loop was fastened). We were both MUCH younger, and I was reminded of the 26 years we spent together. I will always have something to remind me of my precious mare, to bring back all those great memories.

Now, does my former Buns of Steel Res award husband get kudos or what?