Re: [RC] Question re Running up hills-easiest way? - SturmRanch

Thanks.   As a beginner, I feel better after reading your experienced advice on riding downhill.

We live where there is no flat ground.  It's all either up or down.  And when we hauled our horses to Dust Devils we discovered that they could use more work on the flat.

But on hills - my daughter and I (both novices) were surprised to see everyone around us dismount and walk downhill.  We looked at each other and decided the horses went downhill better than we did and away we went.  We train on steeper stuff (because that's what we have) than those folks were walking down.

Horses seemed fine, and of course we mover forward several positions.

Nancy Sturm